Hunting for more healthful lunch concepts? This quinoa, chicken and feta salad has it all.
Ingredients (Serves four)
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- two tbsp chopped mint
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 g skinless chicken tenderloins or thigh fillets
- 200 g quinoa, rinsed, drained
- Olive oil spray
- 1 bunch broccolini or asparagus, cut into 4cm lengths
- 250 g lowered-fat feta, crumbled
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 50 g child rocket leaves
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
Whisk with each other parsley, mint, lemon juice and oil season to taste. Pour half of the dressing over the chicken and enable to marinate even though cooking quinoa. Reserve remaining dressing for salad. Boil quinoa for 12 to 15 minutes, or until just tender but nevertheless firm to the bite. Drain nicely, and transfer to a huge bowl. Set aside to cool. Spray chicken and broccolini or asparagus lightly with oil, BBQ or char-grill more than high heat until cooked via and tender.
Rest for five minutes and slice chicken. Add the sliced chicken, broccolini or asparagus, feta, spring onions, rocket and pomegranate seeds to the quinoa and drizzle with reserved dressing. Toss to combine and arrange in a serving platter. If preparing this salad ahead of time for a work lunch, omit the rocket and refrigerate. Toss by means of the rocket at the last minute to stop it from wilting.
Recipe by Bianca Cheah.